STEF facing Covid-19
As an operator of essential services to the French, we are more than ever mobilized to ensure the daily delivery of our customers' products to shops and supermarkets. In order to ensure the continuity of our operations, we have put in place enhanced measures to ensure the safety of our employees and the goods entrusted to us
"The crisis clearly highlights our role in ensuring people's long-term access to food. We can be proud of all our employees who have mobilized on the front line, especially our drivers, our order preparers, our drivers, our operators and our on-site managers. Thanks to them, we have continued to carry out our missions in the service of our customers and fellow citizens with professionalism and a sense of responsibility."
Stanislas Lemor, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Ensuring continuity of service
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 epidemic, the STEF Group has implemented specific continuity plans in France, as well as in other European countries, to ensure that its activities continue. All resources are mobilized to focus on our core business, transport and logistics of your food products. This translates into:
- The implementation, in agreement with our customers, of solutions to reduce operational constraints, such as contactless delivery, in order to ensure continuity of service for all and in all territories;
- The introduction of telework for employees who can adopt this measure.
In March, STEF awarded an exceptional bonus to teams mobilized on the ground during the health crisis to reward their unwavering commitment to ensure continuity of service.
Reinforcing health rules
Health safety and continuity of operations have always been top priorities for the STEF Group. All our employees are already usually subject to compliance with the food industry's safety rules for storing and transporting products. These demanding protocols include, among other things, the preventive measures recommended in the fight against the epidemic.
In addition to hygiene rules, the STEF Group has taken additional measures:
- Cleaning and cleaning of our trucks and sites, with particular care for common areas;
- Obligation to maintain a minimum safety distance of more than 1 m on site and reorganization of teams and premises to respect these safety distances;
- In agreement with our customers, the introduction of simplified procedures to avoid contacts as much as possible;
- Daily reminders of the imperative of respecting barrier gestures, such as distance greeting and, of course, regular hand washing;
- Setting up a packaging line dedicated to hydroalcoholic gel at DYAD, a subsidiary of the co-packing group.
Our solidarity actions in France and abroad
Thank you to all our employees for their unwavering commitment to transporting your food products to shops and supermarkets every day.