Q3 2022 turnover
• The sharp rise in energy prices continued to weigh on the geopolitical and economic environment.
STEF, a specialist in temperature-controlled transport and logistics for food products, is announcing turnover of €1,113.8 million for the third quarter of 2022.
Growth in turnover in Q3 2022 (in € m)
Group business lines
Sales for third parties
Quarterly breakdown by region and business line
- The third quarter was marked by positive business momentum in most regions, reflected in the start of several new contracts.
- However, the business activity of our existing customers showed signs of slowing down at the end of the period.
- The out-of-home foodservices sector continues to be driven by robust momentum in the fast-food industry
- The retail and frozen food sectors remain somewhat sluggish.
- The latest acquisitions – Langdons in the United Kingdom, Groupe TTC in Spain, Frigosuisse – contributed to the resilience in turnover and marked an important stage in the Group's international development (36% of turnover generated outside France).
- All the countries posted strong turnover trends. This was particularly true of Spain, which had an excellent summer season, and Switzerland, thanks to the start of a major contract
- Turnover for the Tangier line came out at €8.8m, up 2% from 2021 (+5% in the number of crossings) but remained below forecasts in terms of freight and passengers.
- Turnover for Corsica was driven by brisk passenger business, the number of passengers carried rising 11% over the period.
Q4 2022 revenue: 26 January 2023, after market close